Monday, January 17, 2011

The State Fair of Texas

As you can see, I am a bit behind. The only good thing that has come out of this whole losing my entire history in pictures incident is that I am forced to look through TONS of photos that my family and friends are sending me (that I sent them) so I can piece together what I can of a pictorial history of the kids. I realize now that I never posted anything about our exciting trip to the State Fair one warm and sunny day. Grandma and I took the kids on a whim when we didn't have anything else to do. James and I actually went back with Greyson and had a blast as well. Here are some pics from the first trip...
This ride scared the crud out of me. It was Hannah's first Fair ride, and of course it was a little much. She was SO ready to go on it with Greyson, and I pushed right past the non-English speaking worker who said she wasn't big enough to put my WAY too small of a child on this fun ride. It was fine right about here until the car hit the end of the straight away and whipped the kids around like CRAZY to turn them around in the opposite direction. I just kept telling Greyson to make sure Hannah didn't stand up, and he did a great job supervising :-).


This is me helping the kids after riding on the above scary ride along with the non-English speaking worker that I ran past so Hannah would get to ride. They came out alive and uninjured so I would say it was a success!

Greyson taking his sister for a ride.
We got the most adorable caricature of the kids there. We waited for like an hour, and the kids were miserable but it is SO cute. I had to stuff about 3 huge bags of fruit snacks down her throat to get her to comply so that ended up in the finished product (her cheeks stretched to full capacity with mounds of fruit snacks). Ha ha little artist man lol!

We rode a LOT of rides, and here are some of the highlights.
We got to pilot our own plane :-)


This was had a funny story. It was the BIG kid ride that Greyson just HAD to go on, and it was the end of the day. We got in that thing, and it just took off. It's definitely my kind of ride, but I wasn't so sure if it was safe for the stinker boy. About 10 seconds in, I put the Vulcan death grip on his fore arm, because I was convinced that he was going to fly out. He did fine, and he actually started to doze off which was CRAZY. I mean who doses off on a high flying super hero ride like. I guess he found it soothing or he was just so insanely tired that he could actually find this restful.
What a great day, and I can't wait for James and I to take him back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment