Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Potty Training is Complete -- well almost

So it's been 4 1/2 days since we started potty training Hannah, and she is doing amazingly well. Yesterday, I spent the day with Tammy and Kim for Tammy's birthday. James stayed home with the kids so the potty training baton was passed along. He called me a few hours in to let me know that Hannah had her first #2 success in the potty, and that was cause for HUGE celebration. I think these potty training victories are some of the best so far with her. It's so neat to watch her growing up and being such a big girl. On the flip side it's sad to think that she's not our little baby anymore.

We attempted our first outing last night to dinner for Tammy's birthday, and I decided to go commando with just undies (aka - big girls). She ended up peeing her pants on the way to the restaurant without my knowing, and I didn't figure it out until I picked her up and put her on my hip which got nice and wet. Yippee! The joys of potty training. We had to ghetto strip her down in the back of the SUV for all to see. It was a good thing I brought new clothes and a pull up, because I wasn't ready for another accident should it occur. During dinner, my Mom asked her if she needed to go once, and she hesitated so I swooped her up and rushed her to the OTB bathroom. The toilet was in need of some fresh attention so I held her over the potty which was kind of tricky, but she DID IT! WOOHOO! Success in public! I plan on taking her out for a stroll this afternoon to see if we can have another, but this girl is on FIRE! We are super proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment