Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hannah's Birthday Festivities

We had a very special day for Hannah's birthday so I thought I'd share here. We have a few birthday traditions in the Shelton House, and the day always begins with the birthday girl/boy's favorite muffins on our Special Day plate. It's something that I hope to carry on for their whole lives, and we all enjoy it :-). Hannah requested blueberry of course.


We dropped Greyson off at school, and we headed to gymnastics for our usual Wednesday morning of jumping and fun.

We decided to do a "Ladies Lunch" to celebrate the occasion at Jason's Deli. This is definitely one of my fave places to eat, and Hannah is equally fond of it :-). It definitely doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the ice cream or anything.I made Hannah some Olivia themed cupcakes for the occasion and served them on some zebra printed plates I had lying around.
This kid is a PRO at blowing out the candles. This is the first year that Greyson has been able to do it successfully. I guess she has a good teacher.
She opened a few gifts from Grandma, Great Grandma, and I.

Testing out that icing...it is the best part!
Once Daddy got home from work, we had another small celebration as a family. I had held back four more cupcakes for the occasion, and Greyson just had to help out.

I could see the red icing making its way all over the clothes so we decided to remove shirts/dresses. Hannah decided she much preferred the buff look and enjoyed her cupcake just like that :-).


LOTS of red icing later a bath was in order. Hannah was ridiculously in love with bathing with Greyson in case you can't tell from the picture. She kept grabbing him and hugging him to the point of suffocation (as shown by his face), but the look on her face is priceless. She just ADORES her big brother :-).
She had to put on her new nightgown from Grandma to open her gifts. I LOVE this!

She loved ripping through the paper and seeing what was inside. I just love how she really gets into and really understands what's going on this year.
She got a baker's assistant set from us since she is the quintessential kitchen helper. She MUST assist me with every task no matter how big or small. Look at that chef --- she is SO cute, and I just LOVE her to pieces!
Already getting to work in her own kitchen before bed.
It was a great day, and we are so excited to celebrate Greyson's birthday in the coming days!


No comments:

Post a Comment