Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 1 Potty Training Down!

With my recent loss of all things pictures and video related, I am absolutely committed to being better with my blog. I've lost everything (as far as I can tell) video related from Greyson's 18 months and all still shots from before the last 6 months. I don't print, I don't backup (except to my now totally fried external hard drive - curse you hard drive!), and I'm beyond sad about it. I am, however, incredibly grateful for what has been recovered thanks to the help of James and my fabulous friend's husband, Bryan Turner. Getting back the birth of our daughter and so many other precious memories is something that I will always appreciate. With all that being said, I hope anyone who reads this goes and makes an extra back up of everything picture related right now. I am going to be the crazy Mom with like 50 backup copies of everything from now on. My middle name is officially redundancy -- that's my plan, and I'm sticking to it.

I decided that it was time to get our little girl potty trained. After a few BIG messes in her bed due to some tricky diaper removal and Picasso work it seemed the only logical thing to do. I had put this day off for a few weeks, but I decided I needed to stick to my guns. We're trying the 3 day method, and it's going pretty well. I started by rolling up all of the rugs which turned out to make a fun "boingy boingy" for the kids. They can turn ANYTHING into a toy. Here is the big girl before we got started. You may notice that she's not wearing any pants! That's part of the plan although I'm pretty sure Hannah was SUPER excited about this part. I gave her about a hundred cups of chocolate milk and juice probably ruining her teeth forever, but it kept her needing to go. We had LOTS of accidents, but we also had about 6-8 wet successes and 1-2 very small #2 wins.

She's such a big girl. We thought about going out and getting her a girlie potty, but this baseball potty was collecting dust out in the garage. It worked GREAT!

It's pretty cold here right now so I added some leg warmers to finish the look. You know me and my need to accesorize ;-)! She wet these ones about half way through the day and insisted upon picking out new ones to wear. This girl knows a good leg warmer set when she sees one. Anywho, today was hard and intense, but it was worth it. If I can get through day 1, then I can get through the rest. I'm sure there will be lots of accidents, but we are having fun celebrating the success! Take care, and oh yeah -- go back up your pics guys!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you are back blogging, although your picture fiasco is horrible and I am SO SORRY! I am so glad that James and Bryan managed to save some important stuff!! I am absolutely horrible about that kind of thing, but luckily Jer has been backing it up faithfully. I think we may add ANOTHER back up after what happened to you.

    I am beside myself that Hannah is potty training! She is MY BABY! DANG! :-) She is such a big girl now!! I can't wait to hear how this goes!

    ReplyDelete