Monday, January 17, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

I've seen a couple of my friends posting about their favorite things so I think I'll take this opportunity to look back at a few. These are just some pictures I ran across that I wanted to post but wasn't sure how to work them in. They seemed to fit here, and I think I will use "Favorite Things" to post anything fun and interesting that strikes my fancy. This is the beginning of something new and possibly a new favorite thing of mine -- Favorite Thing Lists :-). Enjoy!

1. Ice cream. That's it. I just LOVE ice cream and so do my kids. It's like I passed that glorious trait onto them so they can struggle for their entire lives with an unquenchable need for Dairy Queen Blizzards, Jason's Deli soft serve, and orange sherbet from Dairy Haven (this is by far the best ice cream in the entire world, and unfortunately it's only at this little drive up dairy stand in the middle of a farm town in Caseyville, IL). Here's a shot of Hannah enjoying her Jason's Deli ice cream IMMENSELY! My Mom and I have done extensive scientific studies, and the best Jason's Deli ice cream is at the one on Preston and Parker in Plano just in case you were ever wondering.
2. My Mom. Yup. That's right. My Mom. She's FAB, and she's Vera. We spend LOTS of time together, and I'm so thankful that she's around. Sadly, she is the one and only Grandma in this family, and I don't take that for granted. I had the opportunity to travel to St. Louis to be with my Mom for her Uncle's funeral a few months back. It was our first trip without kids since Greyson was born, and it was LONG overdue. We saw countless movies, went to all of our favorite Tea Rooms, ate WAY too many sweets, and relaxed. Here we are at our all time favorite Tea Room in Edwardsville, IL. I think it's called Joanna's, but I can't remember right now. I don't know why they don't have those places around here, but they're great. They have little fancy sandwiches, salads, soups, and desserts served on little crystal plates. It's filled with women of all ages enjoying being women together. LOVE IT!
Here you may not notice, but we are posing with a HUGE, beautiful salad on the left that we split along with way too much other food. I bet you thought that was a center piece. See what I mean -- I love that they serve it in this HUGE crystal bowl. It's ridiculous, but it's SO tasty and beautiful.
I'll keep hunting for more favorite things...feel free to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment