Thursday, October 29, 2009

Busy times...

Not that anything terribly exciting has happened, but life is exciting! Greyson was being pretty cute the other day...

Greyson: (picks up his Blue's Clues notebook which is shaped like the thinking chair from the show) I sit in my thinking chair!
Mommy: You're sitting in a chair...that's your thinking chair.
Greyson: (sitting in kitchen chair) This not a thinking chair Mommy...it's not red.
Mommy: Oh really....there's a red chair at your table....maybe that's a thinking chair
Greyson: Oh thank you Mommy (drags said red chair into kitchen and puts against pantry). Now I can think!

Greyson thinking...
And after almost a week away.....and me being COMPLETELY sick of hearing about it.....Greyson and his best friend......Grandma.....were finally reunited! We spent some time out at Grandma & Papa's house with some new friends.

The skelamingos....yes, those are skeleton flamingos, and what makes better sense than to stick two kids in front of them and snap pictures! Not only was Hannah showcasing her crawling abilities, but she was also showing off her uncanny ability to pick up the most minute objects within a five mile radius...
Such as this small leaf particle...I bet you can guess where that ended up. She's just getting so big.
Greyson worked up quite the sweat playing with his new eyeball light up ball with Grandma. He was going CRAZY!
After all that...you would wonder what else could top skelaflamingos, but there's more. Today, we had Greyson's first school Halloween party. Well, it's not his first school Halloween party, but it is the first one that he has been well enough to attend. I was the only Mom who dared to head up the event...I worked feverishly on a cute little craft (I'm sure you remember the forbidden craft). I ended up creating a much less creative and less carefully executed collage piece. Some of the leaves ended up looking like yellow mentally challenged Christmas trees, but guess what....they're 2 and they didn't care. Greyson kept saying, "that my Mommy....look Mommy......that my Grandma." He was pretty proud....it made me glad that I am able to go to these things, and I look forward to the many, many, many more in the future for both of them.
I broke even more rules when I provided contraband napkins and made evil favor bags with little cats and jack-o-lanterns on them. It was my way of getting back at the "man." They all ate lots of cookies, cheese, and candy. It went perfectly! Yay for school parties! I'm celebrating this one, because I am sure that most of them will go much less smoothly.

Today also happens to be Great Grandma Wilhite's 83rd birthday. While we have a fabulous family dinner planned for Sunday, we felt like we should do a small birthday lunch to commemorate the actual day. This seemed like an easy enough thing to plan except when you factor in a party right before and a little boy who decided he was too excited to nap at school. He did surprisingly well, and he even helped Great Grandma blow out her candle on the yummy red velvet cake they brought out at CPK.


I'm not sure how many more birthdays we will be able to fool him into thinking that he is actually blowing out candles (or blowing on hot food) when he blows straight up, but we'll see. It's pretty cute either way. We finished up the birthday with a charming clapping game with Grandma.
The day was long, but it all worked out great. Now if we can get Greyson to actually don his Buzz Lightyear costume for Halloween I will consider this holiday a complete success. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment