Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Great Day in Shelton Land

This morning when Greyson got up he decided he wanted me to lie down in his big boy bed with him so we brought Hannah in to watch from the floor....here is what happened after Hannah started to get sad.

Greyson: (jumps down from bed and lies next to her, patting her back) It's ok baby, I'm right here. You're a big girl. You can crawl....watch me (crawls across floor). Ok...now it's your turn. You can do it. You're a big girl. Watch me (crawls across floor again).

I just sat back and watched while my little boy was the perfect little coach. He was so positive and encouraging.....what a great big brother!

I was busy changing a poopy diaper and he decided:

Greyson: I wanna see it! I wanna see it!
Me: What? The poop? Yuck!
Greyson: I wanna see it! I wanna see it Mommy!
Me: Whatever.....here (shows him disgusting poopy diaper)
Greyson: Oooo...that's yucky Mommy!
Me: That's why poopy should go in the potty and not on your bottom in your diaper.
Greyson: Yeah Mommy....that's stinky, it goes in the potty (light goes off on top of head)

Now don't start celebrating just yet, because we didn't actually get a poop in the potty today, but we also didn't get a poop in the diaper after that. I am hoping it will be a step in the right direction...perhaps I should show him all of his poopy diapers as a lesson. He did promptly pee in the potty after that so we had a daytime potty success! Yippee!!

His fav song right now is Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas, and we have listened to it a hundred times it seems. He LOVES to dance to it and ask over and over for "boom boom boom" song! Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Greyson is a great big brother to his baby sister. How cute that he's trying to help her crawl. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete