Monday, October 26, 2009

A Big Day...

Today was a day for firsts....it was a day for momentous occasions!
It may not have been quite as exciting as that for all of you, but it certainly was for the Shelton Family.

First, Greyson has been peeing in the potty like a big boy for almost a week now. He's been doing a great job. Today, I heard him grunting over by his train table so I asked the obligatory...

Mommy: Do you need to go poopoo? Do you want to sit on the potty?
Greyson: Nope
Mommy: Come on Greyson....if you poopoo on the potty, you get a big prize (a prize that I purchased about 4 months ago to give to him when he finally pooped on the potty but he has never seen)
Greyson: I don't wanna!
Mommy: Fine....you wanna see it!
Greyson: Yes! I wanna see it!
Mommy: Now you can see it, but you can't touch it unless you poopoo on the potty. Okay?
Greyson: Ok, Mommy. I wanna see it!
Mommy: (brings out big Mac truck from the movie Cars) Here it is
Greyson; Oh wow! I want it! I want it!
Mommy: You have to poopoo on the potty....I'll just sit it up here until you go someday!
Greyson: (goes and starts playing with his trains acting like he doesn't care.....1 minute goes by) Ok Mommy....I ready! I go poopoo....I get a big prize!
Mommy: Ok...let's go!
Greyson: (sits on potty.....grunts 3 times....plop!) I did it! I did it!
Mommy: (checks potty and sure enough there it is) You did it! Yay! (wakes Hannah from nap)

And there you have it.....Greyson voluntarily pooped in the potty for the very first time!

Not to be outdone....the little girl decided she wanted to have her own moment in the spotlight. She is a whopping 9 months old today, and while Mommy was getting Greyson ready for bed, Daddy was playing with Hannah in the playroom. Out of nowhere....she CRAWLED! James ran into the bedroom to tell, and we got it on video! She's a big girl crawler. It was hard to get video, because Greyson kept jumping in front of it, but it's there....she did it! The house will never be safe again! Well...that's all of the excitement I can handle for one day! What will tomorrow bring? I don't know, but I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment