Monday, November 2, 2009

Catchup...

It feels like it's been forever since I blogged since so much has happened in the last few days. I was driving up to a 2nd hand kid's store the other day so my Mom could try to beat James and I to the punch by getting a kitchen. We had been wanting something for Greyson (and eventually Hannah) to play with in the backyard. We had contemplated some big wooden contraption with lots of yard work ahead, but then an unsuspecting woman drove up in her big black suburban. What should she have hanging out the back but a big red slide thing? I decided I would just see if she would sell it to me right there and be done with it. She said she wanted $30, and I was SOLD! We strapped that puppy to the back and drove it home quickly since we needed to pick up Greyson from MDO. It's not what we thought we would get, but it's just enough for right now...
Hannah went to her first Baby Halloween Party just for her....it was so cute to see all of the adorable babies in their costumes. We had such a great time!
Daddy had a special work Halloween party for the kids on Friday. Parago went all out this year and decorated up a storm. Greyson was in HEAVEN! Mommy officially probably scarred him for life, but I fought him kicking and screaming and put on his Halloween costume. Introducing......Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger! To infinity....and beyond!After a HUGE meltdown over putting the costume on...he finally got it. The costume was fun, and he LOVED it! He didn't want to take it off when we were needing to leave. He got to trick or treat for the first time at James' work with his cousin Cody (aka Super Man). They were adorable as always.They were busy checking the loot to examine possible treasures!
We had such a great time, and it was a nice way to ease into the whole trick or treating thing without actually having to go door to door.

James and I had the opportunity to go to an adult Halloween party that night which is not exciting in and of itself, but hilarity ensued none the less. Leave it to Greyson to pull out all the stops. They were pretty sad we were leaving, but they did great for Grandma. They wore their Halloween jammies for the occasion.While Mommy was getting ready for the party....this is what happened. I was busy putting on LOTS of makeup and wearing fish net stockings in honor of my nightly nurse costume.

Greyson: What that on your face Mommy?
Mommy: That's makeup (I guess that may tell you how often I wear it)
Greyson: Where my makeup?
Mommy: You don't need makeup...you're cute just the way you are.
Greyson: What that? (pointing at tights)
Mommy: Those are my pantyhose.
Greyson: Where my pantyhose? (oh my!)
Mommy: You don't wear pantyhose...just Mommy

Too funny....he was just enamored by the whole thing.

Saturday morning (Halloween), Tammy decided to take Kim and I to Canton for the very first time. Hannah came along for the ride. It was pretty chilly that morning, but it turned out the be such a beautiful day. Hannah borrowed Cody's hat for the morning, and she was looking forward to a girl's trip!
We bought some really cute stuff, and we had a fab time! We were so busy shopping that we didn't get to take too many pics...here we are leaving Dallas!
Then it was time for the real trick-or-treating. Greyson was ready to hit the ground running, but first....a little family pic!
He was just so excited about Chi-Chi in her costume. It was adorable! Then we were off...let's just say that we'll be hitting another neighborhood next year. We knocked on about 15 doors and maybe had 3 answer. It didn't matter to stinker boy as he loved ringing all of the doorbells, but we think he would really enjoy seeing other kids in their costumes and such.
This was his first official trick-or-treat.....the man was gracious enough to allow me to photograph the incident.
We had our loan trick or treater earlier in the evening invite us over to visit their house. Their little boy was a scarecrow when he visisted.
Hannah liked helping Greyson go through the candy to check for yumminess!
We celebrated Great Grandma's 83rd birthday Sunday as a family at Grandma and Pa-pa's house.
Greyson again used his supersonic blowing out candles skills to help Great Grandma. Someday, he will learn, but it's still just so cute right now. Then, Grandma decided we should have a costume parade with decorated floats (4 wheelers and wagons) to celebrate Halloween. It was really cute!
Tammy and I decided to split Hannah's costume and become bees ourselves!
James got jealous so we had to share :-).Hannah and Mommy
We are not going to say that Greyson is regressing, but he has wanted to do several things like the baby lately.
He now wants to sit in the high chair during snack time, take rides in the walker, and eat little baby puff things. Sitting in the highchair is the only one that I have indulged so far.

Today, we had the opportunity to go to a new place.....a magical place......Indoor Safari Park in Southlake. Greyson had a BLAST! First he wanted to ride in the safari train.

Then it was time to play in the ball area. He loved it!
They had train tables, a kitchen, crafts, and more.
They even had miniature golf. Greyson got to play his first game, and he actually was playing. Now I don't think he was playing by the rules...unless you are allowed to pick up the ball and move it to wherever you want, but he had so much fun!

Daddy would be so proud...he held the club like a hockey stick! I see the next Mike Modano right there...don't you?
Lastly, he got to ride these robotic animals around a track. He wanted to ride the elephant which surprised me. I figured he would be too scared to do this part.
Hannah was freaking out watching him ride so much....she was talking, laughing and being her usual pterodactyl self....that the worker said she could take a turn. She was ecstatic!
That about catches me up.....I am so glad that we get to do so many things, but it certainly leaves a lot of work for the blog. Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. i can't believe u had panty hose on. those make my crotch itch. oh and boys DO wear them. nacho did.

    its so nice to see a pic of some of ur fam. i haven't seen them in FORRRR EVER. ur LITTLE brother? holy crap. and ur dad's taco casa shirt makes me laugh. does he manage one or something? austin loves that place and all the CHEEEESE.

    btw...ur HOT...totally smokin with ur post baby bod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh one more thing...i befriended you on FB at a crazy time in my life. ur so good at always commenting on all my dumb posts...i'm usually a better friend. don't judge me right now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries...I can't even imagine trying to keep up with 5 of the little ones. Two makes me crazy! Love seeing pics of you guys too....wow, what a difference 10 years makes, huh?

    ReplyDelete