Sunday, February 28, 2010

Friendships and Fun

The kids are becoming little buddies more and more every day. I can see their friendship developing, and I have to tell you that it makes me so happy. It's funny how Greyson is in charge right now due to the fact that he's bigger and verbal, but I can see it changing. I can't wait to hear what she has to say.

I FINALLY caught the girl riding AND screaming at the same time (a favorite of hers)...she is such a cowgirl (or in this case zebra girl). Greyson thought it would be funny to make a game of putting Hannah in time out for various occurrences...she thinks it pretty funny right now, but I'm sure that will change. This time out pad thing may be more of a toy than a punishment for a while :-).
The weather took a turn for the better for the last few days so we have spent as much time as possible soaking up the glorious sunshine. We went to a FABULOUS family picnic for our Mommy's group Saturday, and we had such a great time. Hannah was up to her usual climbing...
Greyson LOVED his friend Jack's swing set...We decided to go to the Dallas Zoo to take in some wildlife with Uncle Toby, Aunt Tammy, and Cousin Cody. Hannah was literally squealing with delight when we arrived.
Cody and Greyson before we got started. This is literally the ONLY picture I got of the two of them sitting still the whole day. They were running in all directions...they had so much fun! Look at those little stinkers :-).
We got tired of pushing the stroller so we thought we'd let the boys do some work for a while. They loved it, but it got a little dangerous since they couldn't see OVER the stroller to steer (small detail).
I was all ready for Hannah to LOVE riding the ponies like she did the last time we went, but she had different ideas. It's so interesting to see her awareness of her surroundings grow...and with that...her fear of the unfamiliar. She used to just do anything without thinking about the consequences or realizing what was happening, but she's really becoming a little girl and less of a baby :-(.
We had to bribe the boys with rides on the carousel to get them to leave...
They HAD to ride a 2nd time, and they LOVED this spinning nest thing on it. They were having such a blast!
Gosh...it feels like I have enough pictures for like a few weeks of activities, but this has all occurred in the last 2 days. We've been busy, and as I said before....I am going to be better with my picture taking. I close with a shot of my big boy riding his tricycle this evening...he's still getting the hang of the whole pedaling thing so it was really hard for us to get him to look up instead of staring at his feet the whole time. They're both growing up so fast....they bring so much love and joy to our lives, and I feel very blessed to be their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment