Thursday, March 11, 2010

Let the Games Begin

It has officially begun...the practices, the games, the uniforms, all of it! I am SO incredibly excited that Greyson is starting what will hopefully be a new fun chapter in his life....sports! I can't wait to cheer him on as he runs around trying to hit a ball or just picks daisies (as he seems to be into that right now). We decided to sign him up for soccer first as they offer a program for his age over in Plano. He got to pick out his soccer shoes and everything...he did tell me while shopping for the shoes that he didn't want to play soccer. He said, "I wanna play football, Mommy! Hut! Hut!" It was pretty cute, and he even went over and put on a helmet that he pulled off the shelves. I had to let him know that he doesn't get to play that for a few more years :-).

With sports starting for Greyson, that definitely leads into a need for a cheerleader! Hannah got all suited up for her big debut, and she is super happy to cheer for her big brother!














Hannah is also insisting upon feeding herself these days so here are some outtakes of her 1st attempt. Let's just say we reserve this for dinner time so bath time follows soon after.

Here is Greyson at his 1st soccer practice...he really LOVED kicking the ball and racing his teammates. It's hard to get the concept of "no hands" across to him, but he is starting to get it.
His favorite part is definitely "racing" so I caught a video of him freaking out during one such event.

The weather has been GORGEOUS lately so we have been spending as much time as possible outdoors. Greyson throws together fashionable ensembles to go out to the backyard...notice how he paired a lovely flannel Thomas pajama shirt with those striking warm up pants and amazing boots.

Hannah is getting bigger everyday, and she is continuing to practice getting on and off of every riding toy in the house. It's hilarious to watch her try it over and over again...she's just so proud of herself and so are we.Here is Greyson at his 1st soccer game...he plays for ORANGE CRUSH, and they played against the Pink Panthers. Let's just say that we got SCHOOLED! Those girls really had their stuff together...they actually all lined up, kicked the ball, chased the ball, took it from our team, and continually scored goals. We were lucky if we could even get 4 players to agree to go on the field (out of 8 people on the team). Sometimes there were only 2 players from our team on the field, because our players wanted to stay with their Mommies. It was comical....Greyson didn't want to take the ball from other people. He kept telling me that he wanted his ball on the field. We'll see how the season progresses...we'll be cheering him on every step of the way.

Here he is with his jersey on for the 1st time...we got it right before the game. He wasn't too sure about the rest of the uniform at first.

He warmed up to it with a little Oreo cookie bribe from his Mommy....they are the way to get things done.
The coaches stayed on the field for the game to help point the kids in the right direction. He LOVED running after the other kids, and I'm sure that he'll work up to running after the ball really soon :-). They don't really tell you who the winners and losers are, but I think we were close to a tie. Luckily we have 2 players who really like to play, and they made all of the goals.

I decided to turn Hannah's car seat around the other day...this may seem like a small thing to most, but it's a pretty big deal. I was going to wait for a while longer, but she was really hating getting in the thing lately. It's like a whole new world has opened up for her. She likes to sing and dance to the music...she's loving entertaining us!She's been letting go and walking like crazy. She's still not using it as her main mode of transportation, but she's really close.

I feel like I can't get them to sit together for a second so I try to catch these rare moments when they happen. They're both constantly on the move.We had a little birthday dinner for Trevor on Monday at his house. Greyson and Cody were playing together, and we're not sure exactly what happened but Greyson ended up with his 1st black eye. It looks worse now than it did at first...guess I better get another picture :-).

Hannah is mimicking everything she hears, and she's decided that she likes to say daddy! It's her first big girl word...her favorite words up to this point have been uh-oh, baba, etc.

She's just so HAPPY in her new big girl seat, and she feels like she needs to tell me every time we get in the car. She squeals with delight and flashes my favorite big girl smile!
As many of you know...I like to stay super busy! I think I may have pushed things a little too far, but oh well....hopefully we'll have fun in the process. I signed Greyson up for Blast Ball which is kind of like a miniature version of Tee Ball. I thought that it would over lap for maybe 2 or 3 weeks with soccer so it wouldn't be a big deal, but I was wrong. Soccer ended up starting late, and practices for Blast Ball are starting early. Now we have 2 practices and soon 2 games a week. We tried to pull out of Blast Ball, but we would have been leaving a team without a player and Shelton's are not quitters. We're going for it so here goes nothing! Greyson will be playing for the Longhorns, and Hannah will of course be needing an additional cheerleading outfit. The games start March 27th, and our first practice in Saturday.

Next week is Spring Break so Greyson does not have any MDO. We have decided to stay home and dedicate the week to potty training. I am posting it here so that I will feel more accountable to follow through. I really feel like Greyson is ready, but I have been reluctant (and maybe a little lazy) with following through. It takes a lot of time and a lot of patience so this is our perfect opportunity. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH, I LOVE THIS POST! I was behind on reading your blog (I just added it to my reader so that I will now get alerted when you post something new!) and I am just DYING over the soccer game! SO CUTE!! And the picture of Greyson in his "outfit" that he picked out made me roll with laughter!! I can't wait to hear how things go with potty week!

    ReplyDelete