Friday, February 19, 2010

Craziness...

The days are literally FLYING by it seems....minutes turn into hours....hours turn into days....weeks....months! Where is it going....I don't know if I can take this warp speed business much longer. Greyson has turned into a big boy before my eyes, and Hannah is a toddler/wild animal. Speaking of wild animals...one apparently was let loose in Hannah's bed as there has been some "damage" to it lately . I went in to get her from a "nap" the other day to discover said evidence...
I think some wild dogs jumped in her bed and used the side rails for chew toys or something. The girl is destroying the oh to expensive furniture at an alarming rate. You'd think we don't feed her or something ;-). She is just a Hurricane of mess....into every cabinet, reorganizing drawers, chewing on electrical cords, terrorizing poor Chi Chi...you name it, she's doing it. She's not a solid walker yet, but I don't think it will be long. The world is no longer safe...


On a lighter note, Greyson LOVED Valentine's Day. He kept telling me that he wanted it to be "Valleytine's" day so he could get pink and red hearts. As usual, I was in charge of the party at MDO, and it went great! We made a cute little Valentine for the Mommies and ate WAY too many frosted sugar cookies.


Even Hannah had THREE before the end of it....what can I say...the girl likes cookies. She is her mother's daughter.
Later that evening, she had an "incident with her turtleneck, and what was left but a throwback to Flash Dance. She's a maniac....maniac on the floor!
It's so fun to watch them play together at the mall now....Greyson wants her to be right there with him. He decided the needed to "go fishing" in this life boat at Town East (from hence forth) known as "ghetto mall." They have this really cool train for the kids to ride now, but guess where it is. Where would you put a kid's ride.....next to a toy store....oh no!....an Old Navy....no.....not here.....wait for it. It's located right next to Fredericks of Hollywood with bare behinds all up in the windows. It's AWESOME! So far Greyson hasn't said anything about it, but I know it's coming.
I did my usual grocery shopping run while Greyson was at MDO the other day, but Hannah had other ideas. She was having NO part of it! I was forced to use drastic measures....I dug in my diaper bag for something fabulous....something hidden...forbidden....that may keep her attention so she wasn't attempting to climb out of the seat CONSTANTLY. I found...at the bottom of the bag....a sugar free sucker from our pediatrician's office that I forgot about.....it was LIFESAVER. Stick a bib on her and call her happy! She was busy with that thing for the whole trip. She finished it off right when we got to the car...I gave her a bottle, and BAM. SUCCESS! Hopefully this is the magic weapon for which I have been searching. We'll see.
She's quite the entertainer these days. She is now the peek-a-booer instead of me....she just says "DA!" when she "uncovers" her face. Da seems to mean a lot of things, but you can really tell she's trying....it's super cute!
Her face is fully covered....it's like she's not even there ;-).
DA!
Again with the disappearing act...where does she go?
I had one of those crazy ideas that I wanted to cute Hannah's hair yesterday. I had no plan, no appointment, and Greyson had to be picked up in 25 minutes. In my past experience, this is when I get the best results. It is when I plan and coordinate things that I am disappointed. So...I decided to break my first cardinal rule of parenting...."never wake a sleeping baby/child." Silly me...she didn't even get up when I took her out of the car. She was snoring away, and I just dragged her into Cool Cuts anyways. I figured maybe this would be the golden ticket to getting her to cooperate.
She was dazed and confused....she moved around a little, but she was groggy.
It was PERFECT! She didn't have a chance to really freak out or be a Hurricane.
She loved getting her first professional "blowout."
My big girl's first do! Look at those cheeks...I feel this cute really accentuates her best assets :-). Destiny (the hairstylist) added a little product and she was ready for her close up.
You can't even tell that I like it or anything. I look like some stretched out scary freak or something. Oh well...I was excited! I can't believe she is getting so big, and she's not my little infant anymore. She surprises me every day with something new. Greyson is just too smart for his own good, and I have my work cut out for me. The 3's are looking much more terrible than the 2's, but he too gives me little surprises every day. Last night when Hannah was having a fit on the way home, he told her "It's ok baby...don't cry....I'm right here.....I love you."

I cannot express how great it is to see the bond and love grow between them. They are so much fun, and I am never at a loss for something to do. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Hannah sounds SO much like Colin...he was a hurricane, too. He started walking just before he hit 11 months, and THAT lead to some seriously crazy days! :-) He also would NOT stay in the shopping cart and grocery shopping was touch and go for a long while!! The lollipops are a great trick...I keep tons of those cheap "dum dums" in my bag and they still save the day on occasion. Also, those gummy fruit snacks that come in the different characters...those little bags also come in VERY handy! Oh, and M&M's. Such healthy bribes I give. ;-)

    ReplyDelete