Friday, February 26, 2010

Random Cuteness and Naughtyness...

What a bad Mommy I have been lately.....I have COMPLETELY neglected my camera and alas....I have very few pics of such exciting times. Oh well, I will now attempt to be better, but there are no guarantees. I suffer from the dilemma of whether I should simply enjoy the moment and be present or should I have a camera plastered in front of me and get great photos. I vote for the latter and so there will be more pictures in the future. We have had quite a fun week here in the land of Shelton. I must first address my "wild dog" furniture eating, cabinet reorganizer, bathroom trash digger, super adorable big girl, Hannah. We can now add a new title to that list, and that is CLIMBER! The girl is TROUBLE!

This, my friends, is the "weapon" or assistance device of choice right now. James and I got this for her 1st birthday present. We got it thinking it would be cute to have a Princess ride-on toy to work up to riding around the house over the next year. Let me tell you...she is putting this thing to WORK. She simply hikes a leg up to it and climbs upon it to use as a fashionable step stool to the world. I look away for two seconds, and where do I find her but up on a table, on top of the shelving unit, on top of the play kitchen, up in a chair. You get the idea...the girl is SMART, and she is crafty. I have got my work cut out for me over the next oh I don't know....16 years and 11 months til the girl is 18...probably longer than that. Here she is in the beginning stages of a climb. I'm just waiting for her to fall face first on the tile floor or something. I wish I was quick enough and/or brave enough to take pictures once I catch her on top of something, but I'm always too afraid she will fall. I'll try to get some photographic evidence so I can show her later what a little daredevil she was. She LOVES to get on the bounce and spin zebra all by herself and start bouncing up and down and yelling.

We went to visit Grandma and Papa, and she proved that she is equally talented sans Princess ride-on toy. I was quickly checking my phone for fun new webby mail stuff (I got my first internet capable phone the other day - YAY), and I looked up to see this...

Does that look like she's playing innocent or what? This was one situation where I took a picture of her naughtiness before I removed her from peril.

Hannah has also discovered a love of all things "faffle" (aka - waffle, but Greyson still calls them faffles) just like her brother. It makes breakfast really easy....except for the syrup and butter hair festival that always follows. She sure smells sweet for the rest of the day :-).

We had the opportunity to go to a special train museum in Plano for story time with our Mommy group. We had such a fabulous time! It was really the first time where I have taken Greyson to a reading/interactive type activity that completely held his attention. The kids got to look at the museum first...
Perform some experiments...
Then it was time for story time. The woman in charge did a great job using puppets, books, songs, etc to keep them entertained. Here is Anders, Ryan, Hayden, and Greyson enjoying the action!
The babies were busy playing together, and Hannah kept busy trying to empty the storyteller's bag. They are SO cute!
We followed up with a quick play at the park time to end the event. I was glad to have a positive outing experience this time as they can sometimes go south in a hurry....especially when I am on my own without Grandma.

I feel like I am stuck on Hannah right now, and she is stuck to me. The girl is just ridiculous. I have had to find ways to keep her involved in my daily duties in order to protect her from her own curiosity. She has a new favorite chore...she loves to help me load the dryer with each article of clothing from the washer. This sometimes involves emptying the dryer as fast as I can fill it, but it somehow works. She's my special little helper.
James and I were able to enjoy a special belated Valentine's date night at our FAVE restaurant in the world....the Melting Pot. We LOVE to fondue, and we always have such a great time. It's so nice and completely wonderful to be able to talk to each other uninterrupted for a few hours. I forget how much we don't get to do that. Greyson wanted to take a picture with us before we left...he was all ready for his night with Grandma.
We had our 1st ever soccer practice for Greyson's 1st ever team sport, GO ORANGE CRUSH! Get ready for some David Beckham skills people... :-). James and I were so busy trying to get him to participate in the practice that we got NO pictures. This will not happen again. He was SO excited about it, and I think we have many great memories in store as the season progresses. Coach Jason was having them do a few little drills to warm up. It is so incredibly cute to watch our little boy play and have fun doing something new. I wish I could accurately describe the hilarious things that kept happening, but I don't think I could do them justice. Let me just tell you that I WILL get video of him "running"...I WILL get video of him "scoring," and I will DEFINITELY get video of him picking daisies. Until then...toodles (I watch WAY too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)!

1 comment:

  1. You DO have a little daredevil on your hands! Make sure she doesn't teach Brooke any of her tricks, ok? Well, except for doing laundry -that one would be fine! Love all the photos, & I love your red dress! HOT!

    ReplyDelete