Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Potty Week and more

I would have to say that Potty Week in the Shelton house was a smashing success. Greyson is well on his way to being the big boy that we knew he was. He's averaging about 1 accident a day which is great for just over a week going sans pull-up. We used a lot of rewards, songs, dances, and the like to get the ball rolling, and it seems to be going great. I've resorted to keeping a potty in the car which we use quite often while out on the road. He LOVES to sit in the back of the SUV and go while we're in parking lots. It seems to be his favorite spot to perform. He's doing much better in public places, and he's almost able to go without messing up his clothing at all :-). YAY! I like to look at each success as one less dirty diaper that I have to change, and that's what keeps me strong. It would be SUPER easy to just jump in a pull up and not have to ask him CONSTANTLY if he needs to go. I know it will get easier with a little bit more time. Even with Potty Week in full swing, we did venture out for some outings to enjoy the gorgeous Spring weather here in Dallas.

We went to a fun park over by Grandma & Grandpa's house. Hannah's new favorite thing to do is run with a push toy all over the park.
Greyson loves to run as always, and this hill proved to be a great nap maker...I LOVE hills officially. He kept running up and down this hill over and over again until he passed out for almost 4 hours...YIPPEE!
With the fab Spring weather, I felt the need (ahem...and Hannah) to try on some of her MANY bathing suits. We won't say that I've gone overboard, because that's just not possible, but the girl does have like 6 swimsuits already. I don't even feel done shopping for those yet....this could be a problem. We're going to swim like EVERY DAY I swear :-). She loved striking cute poses for me and showing off her new duds.
Doing some big girl walking...
Now this is a funny one....most little girls like to stop, admire, and smell the roses. Hannah, on the other hand, likes to throw them on the floor and stomp on them. This really does speak volumes about her personality. She is just a little hurricane of energy, and she loves to rough house and play hard. I LOVE IT!
This is one of her other ensembles that she'll be sporting poolside this summer. Pretty cute!
Tammy and I took the boys and Hannah to the mall to meet the Easter Bunny last weekend since it was unseasonably FREEZING that day. We didn't have a lot of expectations, and they blew them all away. They LOVED that Easter Bunny! He would do these dances with a carrot, and the boys thought he was AWESOME :-). We let them ride the train out at Collin Creek as a treat for being such good little boys, and they were super excited.

Waiting with anticipation to hand over their tickets...
Sunday we woke up with a few inches of snow on the ground....in mid March. I swear that I have seen more snow in the last few months than I have seen in my entire life living in Texas. It's CRAZY. Greyson was peeking out his window first thing, and he wanted nothing more than to make snow angels. Here he is doing that...
He also wanted to make snowballs and throw them at the mailbox...I taught him that. I could live to regret teaching him that, but it was the only thing I could think of that I wouldn't mind him hitting.
Enjoying the snow...
The day after it snowed it was about 65 again. That's Texas for you. We took a trip to the Arboretum to bask in the sunshine and Dallas Blooms event.

Greyson LOVED going to the "flower park"

So my Mom got Hannah a cute sun hat and flower headband to wear for Spring pics, etc. Greyson decided that the hat suited him much better, and he confiscated it immediately.
We got Hannah to wear the flower headband just long enough to take this pic, and that was it. She just isn't into accessories....they make much better toys and snack items :-).
You just can't set up pictures like this...he was, of course, still wearing the pink hat when he fell to the ground. This was him being goofy before trying to get up, and it is my FAV pic from the day. SO goofy!
He flat out refused to take it off....he had a great time looking at all of the flowers, collecting rocks, picking up sticks, etc.
We were finally able to get the hat away long enough to get some pics without it
Hannah did NOT like having grass clippings on her feet. She had to sit down and pick them off before attempting to walk again. It was funny watching her work at this.
The day was complete once we got the kids pinwheels to enjoy...Greyson is still sleeping with his.
Exploring...
On our way home....
We are SO looking forward to this weekend. Greyson has his big kickoff parade/celebration for Blast Ball season Friday evening, and his first game is Saturday morning. GO Longhorns!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, first of all...THOSE BATHING SUITS ARE KILLING ME! She is so cute that I literally cannot stand it. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!! I would keep buying them, too! LOL!

    Second of all, I am rolling with laughter over the picture of Greyson laying in the field wearing the hat...that may be the cutest and most hysterical picture ever! Such great babies!!

    I am very impressed with your potty training week...I am so nervous about doing it. I am still on the fence about when to start working with Colin seriously. He has just not shown any real signs of being ready yet. I don't want to push him until it is time and I know it will fail if he is truly not ready. I am glad to see that Greyson was 3 before you really got started. I think Colin will follow the exact same timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to have started sooner, but he was just not ready. I went through the little list of readiness signs that you see, and he didn't meet many of those until now. He still is not dry after naps or bedtime so he still wears a pull up for them. I'll work towards that hopefully by the end of the summer, but I'm just happy with his progress so far. He remembers sometimes, but I pretty much just have to ask him or tell him to sit every 30 minutes to an hour. It takes lots of time, but I think he'll get it on his own in no time. You DEFINITELY don't want to start until you are BOTH ready for it. Glad you liked the pics...I ALWAYS love yours :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Tanya, the SWIMSUITS! Really, they are a big reason why I thank God that I have a daughter. If only we could look as good as our little girls when we put on a bikini!

    I also love Greyson in the hat! Hilarious! I just see that photo of him laying down mixed into a slideshow at his wedding reception. And way to go Greyson (and Mommy!) on Potty Week -it sounds like you both did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete