Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New House

With our expanding family, James and I made the difficult decision to sell this house and look for new digs. We searched high and low at existing homes, but we ultimately decided to build our own dream house :-). It's been so much fun so far, and we're looking forward to seeing it all come together. We'll be moving to Frisco which is not too far from our house now, but we'll have almost twice as much space! WOOHOO! Here are some pics of the house in process. We are supposed to move in at the end of July, and we are in the final stages of selling our current house so things are pretty busy here in the Shelton household. It's time to PACK!

This is how the house looked when we picked it out. It already was in process, but we were able to get in at just the right time so we could pick out everything from paint colors, flooring, counter tops, cabinets, doors, etc! It's going to be gorgeous, and we can't wait to spread out and make room for baby :-).

I thought these would be fun to show the kids some day so they could see what our house looked like before it was fully built on the inside. It's got a ways to go!

I went by two or three days after the above pictures, and they had already almost finished bricking. It's crazy how quickly they can get things done. More pics to follow as we follow the progress at 1108 Gentle Wind Lane :-).

2 comments:

  1. The house is just BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see it all finished -though I admit I'm a tinge sad about you moving further away! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...it's really not that much further away. That's what I keep telling myself. It's literally 10 minutes from our current house so not much more of a drive. That's not going to keep me from hanging with everyone :-).

    ReplyDelete