Tuesday, May 25, 2010

School's Out for Summer!

This post has been "in process" for far too long. I'm posting it in all of it's incomplete glory so i can MOVE ON :-). Summer is FABULOUS! Swim lessons have started, and we are thoroughly enjoying the water as much as possible. Here goes the original post. I was experimenting with picture placement, and I must say that I failed miserably, but I REFUSE to reload them. It is what it is.

As Greyson, Hannah and I walked out of his school I couldn't think of anything but that classic rock song "Schools Out" by Alice Cooper. School is officially out, and I am now an even busier Mama if that is possible. We also finished up Blast Ball AND soccer so now it feels like we have NO planned activities FOREVER! It's a conspiracy. Everyone got together and decided to make we Mommies go crazy with too much free time and crazy kids :-). I'm actually SUPER excited about the summer, and I'll be even MORE excited once the pool opens down the street. We are counting down the days to June 5th, and we plan on spending LOTS of time there very soon. Greyson asks to drive by "the bucket pool" everyday to check on it's progress. They are doing a bunch of work on the place so it's crawling with construction equipment and workers. It's every boy's dream! James and I are headed on a "staycation" to Dallas on next weekend so we are SO ready for the break. We've also go the big Wilhite Family Reunion at the end of June so this is going to be a busy month. Here are some of our most recent adventures.

Hannah is now OBSESSED with wearing "big boys." It cracks me up every time I see them.

Cody had his 3rd birthday at Pump it Up, and we had a blast! James and I even got "in the ring" to work out some issues lol. It was SO much fun.

The end of the year party at Greyson's school. He LOVES his teachers Ms. Gina and Ms. Tammy :-).


We love going to Denton for the music on the Square with our friends. We got to go 3 or 4 times, and we really enjoyed it.




The kids enjoying ice cream after one of the festivals.

Enjoying playing with our friends. Greyson decided wanted to give everyone rides on this particular day. It was pretty cute. Hannah was sporting another one of her Mommy and Grandma created fashions.
Our last Blast Ball game. We really LOVED it, and we can't wait to play next season.


Of course Hannah insisted upon putting on the batting helmet. She is always fighting to keep up with her big brother.
His big trophy :-).
He loves his teammate Trent!

The team!
Greyson riding his first big boy bike. He did very well.
Giving Hannah a ride at Grandma's house.

First day in the pool, and Greyson was jumping off the diving board. He's so big! We're hoping he'll be jumping off the side and swimming back by the end of the summer. That's my goal anyways.
We went and fed the ducks by my Mom's house. There were SO many baby ducks, and they were ADORABLE!
More posts to follow. Hopefully I will feel inspired now that I am almost caught up. Well, not really, but at least not a month behind.

2 comments:

  1. I am super curious about how swim lessons are going! I have been on the fence about signing Colin up this summer. He can't grasp the concepts of blowing out of his nose (not even for nose blowing!) or holding his breath just yet. I have been making a real effort, but he is not there yet. How does Greyson like it? I would love for Colin to really know how to swim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures! Hannah just cracks me up -love the undies on her, as well as the helmet. She is such an individual! And Way to Go Greyson on jumping off the diving board!

    ReplyDelete