Friday, April 23, 2010

Saying Goodbye

It has been far too long since I have been on here, but we have had quite a bit happening lately in the family. We said goodbye to Great Grandpa Roberts on Good Friday (April, 2nd). He passed away peacefully in his sleep with James and close friends by his side. We were so very thankful that the kids were able to see him one last time on the Tuesday before. Greyson was telling him all about playing Blast Ball, and Grandpa was SO happy to hear that. He LOVED baseball, and I know nothing made him more proud than seeing Greyson enjoy it. Hannah showed him all of her "big girl" tricks like walking and speaking her new words. It was a great visit that ended with Greyson giving him an impromptu BIG hug and kiss along with the words, "I wuv you Pa-pa." While we are beyond sad to say goodbye to Pa, we also take comfort in knowing that he is with his wife, children, and other grandchildren now. There will be another post dedicated to his services. I am trying to break this up into several entries so bear with me while I attempt to catch up on the our busy lives.

1 comment:

  1. I am so so sorry about your Grandpa, Tanya. What a precious story about Greyson...you will remember that forever. Hugs to you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete